Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Love and missions

You don't always have to go far away to "do" missions. Our church does missions in three steps:
  1. Local Impact or Step 1 - this is where we impact the community around our churches, Folsom and Orangevale mostly but also El Dorado Hills the other small communities around them.
  2. North American Impact or Step 2 - these trips are a little further out, maybe as close as San Francisco but also as far as Brooklyn, New York and the El Florido Valley in Mexico.
  3. Global Impact or Step 3 - you usually have to get on an airplane and fly overseas for these trips. We have regular trips to Central and South America as well as several locations in Africa, Europe and Asia.

I have done missions in all three steps. Each step and each "zone" within a step had their own flavor. The one factor unifying them all is love. At least, it is for me. I step up and do missions as an expression of the love that I have for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I do it as an act of worship and as an act of obedience. Jesus' last words to his disciples were, "GO!" (Matthew 28:19) and I cannot help but go. I will go where He leads me all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment