Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Prayer Request

Today I was listening to my MP3 player while I worked. My MP3 player is loaded with Christian and Christmas music. I was listening to a song about the significance of the cross. For some reason an ex-boyfriend of mine was brought to my mind. This man was mentally and emotionally abusive towards me. He made my life difficult for me for the duration of our relationship. Interestingly enough, he is the man who brought me to Lakeside Church.

The first thought that came to mind was that I was really happy that I would not be spending eternity with this man. You see, even though he claimed to be a Christian when we met over the course of our relationship he made several statements that made me question his claim. Recently I heard from a mutual friend that he had converted to Mormonism. Even though many Mormons believe they are Christians they have too many doctrinal differences to truly be considered Christians. Without a saving faith in Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior my ex-boyfriend is condemned to spend eternity separated from Jesus.

The second thought that came to my mind is that my first thought is unChristian. I should be praying for his salvation. After all, that is what missions is all about, isn't it? I should be spreading the gospel, not rejoicing in my enemy's lack of salvation. Jesus calls us to love our enemies.

Please pray for me. Pray for the strength I will need to witness to my enemies. Pray for the strength I will need to pray for my enemies. Pray that I can be an effective witness for the Lord and that I will have the strength to do as He calls me to do. I just want to do as the Lord asks of me.

Praise the Lord! He is worthy of our praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment