Monday, August 2, 2010

Grace

Holy God, let us know You for the extravagant God You are. Let us embrace Your grace fully and lean not at all on our own acts and righteousness. Let us conduct ourselves in the gratitude and freedom of Your outrageous love, rather than in fear of not being good enough. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


This prayer ended the daily devotional I received this morning from Proverbs 31 Ministries.  There was a passage in that devotional that smacked me right between the eyes, "In the darkest moments of error, it was fear, not relief or gratitude that flooded me. Having grown up in the church and heard the message of grace for years, it had become a well-worn rut in my mind. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, we are saved by grace. But I was operating by fear rather than in freedom, because I was leaning on myself."
 
Lord, it is the cry of my heart that I learn to depend upon You and not myself for my righteousness.  This past weekend has been all about prayer and communication with You.  Teach me how to draw closer to You.  I pray this in Your son's precious name so that You may be praised and glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment