Monday, November 1, 2010

counting down

So yesterday I went to the Mexico meeting at church.  Over half of the 50+ people going to Mexico this trip are first timers.  I pray that they are bitten with the Missions bug the way I was.  Also going on this trip are Jeff Kreiser, our Pastor of Outreach & Extension.  Jeff is taking a small group he recently formed, middle school boys, called Future Missionarys.  The thought is giving them a taste of missions now will have them thinking about missions as they grow and mature. 

I have a few other friends going on this trip, some old and some new.  I look forward to spending time with them, on the work sites, in the van travelling back and forth and in the Word.  Adonna and I met last year when we drove to San Francisco to work with City Impact.  This year we will be doing both Mexico and City Impact together.  I look forward to getting to know her even better.

Well, it's time to start my day.  I have a mission field at work, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment