Sunday, October 31, 2010

Freedom

I just have to praise God over and over and over again for the blessing of my new home. 

When I was living with my son I was ashamed of that space.  I was cramped and crowded and disorganized.  I never invited anyone into my room because it was always such a mess.  I wasn't just ashamed, I was deeply ashamed.  People used to ask me about it and I tried to deflect them away from the topic.  I think Wayne in particular was hurt by it.  I never felt comfortable bringing guests into that home.

Already in my new space I am thinking about how wonderful it will be to have guests.  I have spent the last 2 hours arranging my room and I am already much more comfortable here than I ever was in my son's apartment, even with scores of unpacked boxes.  With such a great place to rest and recharge I will be able to face the days ahead with joy and thanksgiving, with the Lord's peace in my heart.  I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment