Saturday, October 9, 2010

Confirmation

Other stuff going on in my life.  I'm feeling disconnected from Lakeside Church, not from God, just Lakeside.  There are things going on there that I am still excited about but those will mostly be over by tomorrow evening.  I will probably still attend Lakeside till my move is complete but then will try and find a church closer to my new home.  I think the emotional disconnect started when I thought I was going to have a permanent relationship and I would be shifting to his church.  I've heard of a good church in Auburn, maybe I will attend there.  Lakeside, no matter how good the teaching and fellowship is getting too big.  It's getting to be all about the music and showmanship and although it's not a bad thing, I want to focus more on God.  I may still remain connected to Lakeside on a limited basis in order to stay in touch with missions but once I move away from here that will probably be the extent of my connection. 

In preparing for the move I've been doing further cleaning in my room.  I threw away and/or gave away a lot of the stuff that was sitting in boxes in my room.  I have a lot of floor space this evening but that will be only temporary.  Tomorrow I will be setting up my bike on the trainer In my room.  I still can't carry it down the stairs to ride it yet and I want to get back on it again.  I did all that in between my usual Saturday activities.  I donated platelets this morning and this afternoon drove Marion and Sandra down to our friend Jeannene's bon voyage party.  Jeannene and her family are moving to Texas at the end of the month.

Lord, please use this experience to help me grow more in love with you.  I ask this in your son's name, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ because I know His sacrifice on the cross was for me.  Thank you Lord, you are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment