Friday, October 8, 2010

Fasting

I've been reading a lot about fasting lately.  Fasting for detoxing the body and fasting for a spiritual breakthrough.  It seems to me that the diets are similar.  I've been planning on fasting for spiritual reasons lately, the detox and weight loss benefits only seem to add to the reasons for doing it.  I did sort of an informal fast today, not for the whole day but I drank plenty of liquids all day and did not eat at all until dinner this evening at which time I ate 3 small slices of pizza.  I probably would not have eaten then but I was out with my daughter and she wanted dinner. 

Not eating was not as difficult as I thought it would be.  I am going to eat tomorrow because I have a blood donation appointment Saturday morning and then I will eat after my appointment on Saturday afternoon but starting Sunday I am considering starting a longer fast. 

I also have a party to attend on Saturday afternoon.  I'm driving two, maybe three friends down to Lockeford and we will be visiting with some friends who are on the brink of moving to Texas.  I am going to miss Jeannene.  She has a huge heart for the Lord and is an awesome prayer warrior.  I met her through my friend Cherie at our Beautiful Believers Breakfast Club. 

I will be journaling my thoughts on fasting here as I go through this process.  God seems to be stripping away everything in my life that is coming between Him and me.  I need to sit up and pay attention.  I need to draw closer to Him.  I look forward to this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment