Monday, October 11, 2010

God is in Control

There's nothing that can distract a person from their misery quite as well as a worship event.  I arrived at Lakeside last night a few minutes before 4 and was totally immersed in worshipping Jesus for the next 6 hours.  Being together with my brothers and sisters in Christ is an experienced unequaled anywhere else.  I sang, I danced, I yelled and screamed and jumped up and down with several hundred of my closest friends.  There was a one hour break where I was able to rest and put my feet up but by the time the evening was over I could barely walk, least of all talk. 

Gabriel and crew performed all my favorite songs, including Dress Us Up, Skeleton Bones, Love Came Down, the Old Rugged Cross and that other one at the end whose name escapes me right now.  And by the crowds' reactions, they're not just my favorite songs either.  I'm going to have to get myself a copy of the CD/DVD package.

This was all after an afternoon of hunting for a new home.  I finally found one in the Loomis/Penryn area.  It's in a huge house set on several heavily wooded acres.  The room I am renting is larger than the living room in my current apartment.  The bathroom is HUGE!  One wall is all sinks and mirrors and 2 walls of closets.  There is a deck off the sliding glass doors and the view includes 2 ponds and a swimming pool.  I won't know what to do with myself in all that room.  In Mexico a room that size would house at least 8 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment