Monday, October 11, 2010

Prayer during fasting

Dear Lord,

Draw me closer to You, my Lord.  Cleanse my mind, body and spirit as I seek Your will for my life.  Show me the path You have laid out ahead of me and guide my steps as I walk that path.  Give me the strength to step out in faith, to overcome my grief and my fears.  Break the bonds my fears have over me and my life.  Show me how to live the full and abundant life that You have prescribed for me.  My Lord, if You have decided that I shall spend the rest of my life as a single person let me be a single person doing Your will.  I beg of You, please, please, please heal my pain, my hurts, my heart, body and soul.  I submit them to You, O God, they are Yours, wholly Yours.  Guide my steps as I embark on these changes in my life.  Show me the ways You would have me take.  Let me be a witness to everyone I come in contact with.  Let Your light shine forth through me.

Lord, please also forgive me for all my sins.  I have sinned mightily against You, my Lord.  In addition to my struggles with lust and my sexual thoughts and desires for the man I love I have also been arrogant and prideful.  I have not been completely honest with those I love and even myself.  I have not been a good steward of the resources You blessed me with.  I have not kept You first place in my life, often replacing You with other people or things.  I have ignored opportunities where I could be spreading Your truth and love in order to pursue my own selfish gain.  I have even not paid the proper attention to the loved ones You placed in my life.  Please, Lord, I know I am not worthy of Your forgiveness but if you choose You can restore my life and show me the way to correct those sins and errors of my life.  Show the path You would have me walk in repentance and love.

O Lord, please also bless my friend, heal his hurts and pains, calm his fears and soothe his body and soul.  Please give him peace and rest and healing.  I know You are showering him with Your love and grace and mercy, just as You shower me with the same.  He is Your child, too.  I know You want to bless him as much as You want to bless all of Your children.  Lord, whether brokenness or restoration, I submit our relationship to Your will.  I know You have what is best for the two of us in Your mind and in Your plans.  Your will be done, Lord.

Lord, I am ever grateful for Your gifts to me.  Your son's sacrifice of His life on the cross is evidence of your unfailing love for me and all your children.  I pray that my life will reflect You.

No comments:

Post a Comment