Tuesday, October 26, 2010

it's getting closer!

So I received an email this afternoon, actually I received several.  We have space for 60 people on the Mexico trip and 49 are signed up so far.  That means at this point we will be building about 8 houses in total.  If we get a full complement of 60 people we will be building 10 houses.  Just think, we could build houses so another 2 Mexican families will have homes by the end of next week.  Even if we don't get the extra people that's still 8 families who don't have homes today that will by the end of next week.  I think that's pretty awesome.

I'm a little worried about my wrist.  I'm not sure I should hammer with it yet.  There will be plenty for me to do on this trip without hammering but I love to actually get in on the building.  I usually always get up on the roof, you see, I'm afraid of heights.  I've been on the roof of every house I've helped build except one.  That was the day I had a migraine headache and all I wanted to do was lay down and cry.  I didn't but I came pretty close.  Now I always make sure I have my migraine medicine with me and I drink lots and lots of water.

I'm bringing along my pink tool belt, too.  I don't have a big carpenter's tool belt like a lot of the guys do but my pink one is a good quality suede.  Don't laugh, it works really well and at least I didn't get it monogrammed with rhinestones like I could have.  I originally bought ot as a joke but I use it every trip now.

I should be packing up my house getting ready to move.  I actually have about one third to one half of it already done.  It's just that I am also in the middle of a painting and my paintings sort of consume me till I finish them.  Tomorrow night none of that will get done.  We'll be wrapping up our study on the Sermon on the Mount in tomorrow night's small group.  So that gives me Thursday and Friday nights plus this weeend for packing.  I'm not sure when I'm going to get to do the actual moving, my scheduled move-in date is the 1st but that's Monday.  Maybe she'll let me come a day early so I don't have to move after work.  I promised Rob I'd be out by the 10th and I have 4 days in Mexico in the middle of all that.

Well, tomorrow's another busy day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment