Monday, October 25, 2010

hmmm & ten days to go...

I should wear dresses more often.  I am getting all sorts of compliments today. 

I move into my new place one week from today.  I am so excited.  No more disrespect and sarcasm from Rob, I will get to keep my room as clean as I want without him throwing random stuff in there all the time.  I also won't have to pick up after him and there will be a garage where I can keep my bike.  I won't have to worry about him using up all the toilet paper (he goes through a roll in less than 2 days) and I can keep my own dishes and bathroom clean without him using and/or moving all my stuff.  Plus, I can finally get a dog!

On another note, I leave for Mexico in ten days!  This trip will be good for me.  I've always called it my attitude adjustment trip, hopefully this time will be no different.  I am so looking forward to getting away from Sacramento and all the things that are stressing me out these days.  Going to Mexico will recenter my focus where it needs to be -- on God.

I wonder if it will be raining down there as heavily as it is raining here.  According to MSN Weather it's supposed to rain in Tijuana this coming Thursday then clear up and it doesn't say anything about the dates past November 3rd.  Of course, it's supposed to be clear here till Thursday also, then rain for a couple of days and clear up early next week.  I guess I'll have to recheck early next week.  This may sound completely weird but I'd like to do a build in the rain.  Last time I was there (or maybe it was the time before) I asked if we would still build if it was raining and they said that we would.  I love the rain so much I believe I would enjoy it, unless of course, it was a freezing deluge.

I wonder what we'll do for taco places.  Will we be returning to Gordo's or just visiting the new ones we found on our last trip?  Since I love them all I will be happy with wherever we go.  The only place I didn't like was Tacos al Guerro and it's not that I didn't like them, I just like all the other places better.  No matter where we go for tacos I'm sure we'll head to La Michoacana for ice cream.  I guess I'll have to do a fruit popsicle to keep my diet momentum going.  No problem, I want to keep avoiding dairy products as much as I can anyways. 

The best parts of these trips are always the families.  It's always so hard to leave them at the end of the day.  That's one reason I love taking pictures when I'm down there, I can remember the people I met and worked with.  I do tend to forget names sometimes but I can remember faces and the stories behind those faces. 



How can you forget experiences like this?  I can't, I know that for sure.  I've been part of building 20 houses down in the El Florido area.  This will be my 11th trip.  I'm amazed, I just did it one step at a time.  I understand we will probably have close to if not more than 60 people this time.  We are expecting some new families to come on this trip, too.  It's going to be great.  I expect to see God working in many ways.  I expect God to do a mighty work in my heart on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment