Thursday, October 28, 2010

My new home

So I just spent a large portion of this evening up at my new place chatting with my new landlord.  I am so excited, I am moving in on Saturday!  Dorothy was telling me about how she found the place and how she fell in love with it right away.  She knew she just had to have it.  Her husband was very ill so he didn't get to live there very long but she's lived there for 15 years.  It's a huge place and she keeps it up with the help of her son and grandson.  I'll have my own private entrance and my deck is fenced off so that I can keep the dog there, and in my room.  There's a creek, 2 ponds and a swimming pool.  I can see all of them from my deck.

Dorothy is also a Christian.  She was telling me this evening how she came to know Christ.  You could see the joy radiating off her face.  She has a sweet, sweet smile.  She told me I will find peace there, peace and happiness.  I believe her.  I left there over an hour ago and I can still feel the peace that seeped into my soul as we visited this evening. 

And of course, the walls in her home are covered with her paintings.  Like me she finds simple joy in colors.  She has hundreds of books on painting she has told me to feel free to peruse.  It will be a joy.

I believe God led me to the perfect place for rest and healing.  In no time at all I should feel refreshed and renewed and ready to take on the world again, but I believe I am going to hold onto this place as my little sanctuary.  I know God and I will be sharing many joyous hours there.

No comments:

Post a Comment